Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sugus

While checking my private plurks this evening, I noticed a thread about a "boy that got bullied & beat at the open party recently and the mom sent out a widely circulated email."

Being used to forwarded scams sent thru email, I really didn't mind it.

Surprisingly, while scanning my inbox, 6:57 pm of February 16, I received an email about a party host named Sugus. For records sake, here is the complete unedited email FORWARDED by Fhabi:


FYI in case you guys are hiring a PARTY HOST OR CLOWN ENTERTAINER for your childrens parties

Dear friends and family,

I have pondered for almost 6 months whether I should do this. At first, I was prepared to let this awful experience just slide. However, as new information about misbehaviors of this host unfolds, I can no longer endure the thought of another kid being abused.

So here it is: his name is RONALD LEGASPI but known as SUGUS in the kiddie party planning and entertainment as well as the theater industry. He is about 42-years old and has claimed to an actor and commercial model. He is a great womanizer claiming to have had sex with over 100 women to date from whores, artists, GROs, students, etc. He had a couple of mistresses who were used abused and hurt. My private investigator has also reported that he was reprimanded by a police officer having oral sex at a Makati parking lot and he had paid 7,000 for the offense. Friends of his says that he is in a very miserable and bad marriage and insecured of his rich wife.

Anyways, my bad experience happened in March this year 2008 when I threw a party for my son at a clubhouse in Greenhills in San Juan City. Guests observed that this host Sugus was always staring at my other kid, my daughter who is 10 years old. During parlor games, she was touching the hair of my little girl, the yayas present that time reported. What came as a shock of my life was when after the party, behind the backdrop, this host unzipped his pants and showed his "birdie" to my daughter and was signaling for her to touch it. My daughter ran screaming but when I called his attention, he appeared to be innocent of the crime. I sent him away at once. I reported the matter to the police at once and had file a case against this immoral person. Case is now with the trial court.

Aside from molesting my daughter who has suffered trauma from this horrible experience, I found out that he also maltreated a little boy after a party after the boy called him an old, ugly monkey. He bullied the boy and made `pitik' the ear. Even if there were feedbacks in the past that he is a good host, people should be careful because such behavior may be only manifesting now. For what reasons, we do not know. But this host Sugus is definitely sick and needs psychological help. I am not out to destroy a person reputation, because it is a waste of my time and energy to write this if my intention is not pure. It is a moral obligation to make people
aware of other people wrongdoing.

Don't ignore this important warning from me. Better be safe than sorry. There are many other good hosts to choose from. Please, please beware of this person because he could sweet talk you and act very charming to deceive people. Please pass this message so that we can help in our own little way to prevent the abuse of innocent kids.

(sgd.) Mommy Elen Dy


Sad, isn't it?

However, 9:41 pm of the same day, an email came again, but this time from Bernard, bearing this complete text:


Hi,

I guess forwards like this are the flipside of the internet age. You can actually destroy a person's life in a flash through these unverified stories.

I happen to know SUGUS when I worked in UCPB. He used to be a Manager of one of the departments of the bank, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I read this story. Personally, I am not close to him but I have known this guy to be really decent and he was respected at work.

I called my former officemates at work today to verify if any of these are true. The ones closest to Sugus in the office are seething with rage for their friend who's a real good guy. I was informed that this supposed e-mail purporting to come from a mother was written by his erstwhile friend whom he had a falling out with. This friend even went to the extent of creating a fake friendster account and embarassed SUGUS to his catholic religious community called SOLV. It IS that bad. SUGUS sued this friend and the suit is now pending.

For the record, the case mentioned herein is non-existent and this supposed event is completely fabricated. Sugus resigned from his stable and lucrative job in the bank to do what he loves best - to entertain. I saw him last year playing a character on the TV show Super Inggo in ABS CBN. He IS a great party organizer and host and so great with kids. It is sad that because of this email thread, he is losing clientele because people would naturally be wary of him even if the story is completely untrue.

I don't want to preach against our right to forward stuff. We are all guilty of it one way or another. I just realized how we can also be part of destroying someone's life and reputation simply by the forward and send buttons.

I hope you can also forward this in defense of SUGUS. Better yet, i hope you can tell your friends to check the source of the rumor and if such allegations have suffiencient basis because these are serious and defamatory allegations. It's so easy to destroy and break a reputation but I doubt if you can completely restore it.

Thanks and God bless.

Bernard


Both emails came from my college organization's yahoogroup.

I do not know Fhabi nor Bernard, personally. But since both of them are members of the Christian organization I am part of, I wont compromise their credibility.

I have no idea whether the case being talked about in the plurk thread is the same one mentioned in the first email I received.

If that's the case, I have no idea on the veracity of such claims.



Please, enlighten me.




Well, in case we are at the same page of the same book, I hope all of us can read between the lines.




UPDATE:

Feb 17 (11:56pm) - I verified it. Not the same emails. Many thanks Jane!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Can I quote your blog entry in case I have to make my blog about Sugus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mark! yes of course! got no problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I would like to ask your permission if we could link this page to our site. We are party planners and would like to be able to enlighten our clients about this matter.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no problem april! you can link it.

    ReplyDelete