Thursday, February 26, 2009

AI8 Group 2 Shaking the Ground

I should be doing my lecture for tomorrow. But heck, I prefer scrutinizing Ryan Seacrest’s shirt first.

This, so far is the best group of semi-finalist I’ve ever seen in American Idol. I really had a hard time picking my top three for this week. As compared to last week, the top three for the first batch was very easy to predict. Talking about last week, let me share to you first my Group 1 top three:


First on my list is Danny Gokey. Charms + Voice = AI8 winner. But nah, it’s too early to predict. And no, am not in the fad of idolizing Mr. Gokey. It’s just I feel that he’s an Archie-to-be. Thou this time, he has a dramatic story to start with. I don’t know either if this will affect how people will vote for him. As what I know, people are starting to campaign for him thru blogs; paying bloggers who will write a post about him. Honestly, I have no issues with this kind of deed; it’s just am still not with the Gokey-hype.

Here’s a part of an email I received from a blogger’s yahoogroup I am part of:


Second on my list is Ricky Braddy. If you ask for voice quality, he’s the man. Unfortunately, he picked a non-conventional song that didn’t mark in America’s keypad. He’s not here to win the game.

Third, Jackie Tohn. Oh! I love watching her on the stage. She’s like a professional performer. The song also fitted her well.

To boot, Alexis Grace is also a fave. She’s fourth in my list. And yes, am happy that I'll be seeing more of her in the finals!

With 20,000 votes ahead of Anoop Dog, Michael Sarver was VERY lucky. But still, am not a fan. By the way, Tatiana, don't worry baby, I still heart you. Mwahugslurp!



So much to say about last week, let me talk about what happened today.

I am very disappointed for those who picked the wrong songs:
  • Jasmine Murray. I love her ever since Hollywood week. Her range is awesome. But singing Sara Bareille’s "Love Song" will not bring you to the finals. Why didn’t you choose a BIG song?!! Huhu.
  • Matt Giraud. Oh Matt… Please don’t try hard to be Justin Timberlake when you sing Coldplay’s "Viva La Vida." It didn’t work. You have a great voice and play the piano well. Stick to Ray Charles, please!
  • Matt Breitzke. I can’t even remember his performance… What did he sing?
  • Kai Kalama. A 60’s hit is not for you Kai. You have a big heart and an excellent voice. You sounded good, but not good enough to bring you to the finals. Tsk. Tsk.
  • Mishavonna Henson. Although I love “Drops of Jupiter,” it’s not meant for a singing competition. It didn’t show well your vocal skills.
If only they picked the right songs, everyone will surely have a shot for the top twelve!

Jeanie Vailes, Kris Allen, and Jesse Langset. All of them picked the right songs. And I rank them 6th, 5th, and 4th, respectively. They’re my second group of top three basing it on performance and voice quality. Impressive vocals they have. However, it’s still not a valid ticket for the finals. How I wish all of them would qualify to the final twelve!

Finally, here’s my top three:


Megan Joy Corkrey. She was very cute singing Corinne Bailey Rae’s “Put Your Records On.” Add to it the white dress and the dancing. But, do you still remember how was Antonella Barba eliminated? She said in her last AI performance, “girl, put your records on…” Oh no Megan!

Adam Lambert. It doesn’t matter if you’re gay. I still heart you. You rock, dude! You’re someone to beat in the top twelve. Hurray!

Allison Iraheta. Sweet sixteen as she is, but extraordinary vocal prowess! Her performance is what I call a show off. A show off that will bring her to the magic twelve. Yehey for Allison!



Did I forget anyone? Hmmm...



Wait! Nick Mitchell. Nick Gentle. Whatever!

Oh Nick! You’re an apparition for American Idol! People might have issues with you, but I believe you’re a talented performer. How I wish I can see more of you in the next episodes. But who knows? Maybe you genuinely entertained America and they might *crossing fingers* bring you to the finals! I’ll be ecstatic to see you at the finals too. LOL.


About Seacrest’s shirt, am just not used to see him wearing polo shirts in AI. That’s all.




Wait, so what is plutonism again? o.O


Now back to my PowerPoint. Or maybe I'd rather hit the sack. Zzzzz...

4 comments:

  1. megan joy corkrey sounds like bethany joy galeotti.hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent watch the latest episode...
    but i like adam...i think he got that x factor..ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't watch the latest episode...ehehehe...pero may favorite na ako...and xempre xa na din ang bet ko na makakapasok sa top 12...
    it's adam...

    ^^..he got that star appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @emmylou: O.o fan? LOL.

    @eser: adam! FTW! (cozy)

    ReplyDelete