Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...


I had Slumdog Millionaire for my breakfast-brunch-lunch last Saturday morning. Upon waking up, I grabbed Ace, returned to my bed, and watch the film until 12:30pm.


A. He cheated.


After watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button early last month, I was totally decided that it should win 'Best Picture.' Surprisingly, I was more amazed when Ayush Makesh Khedekar swam in the pool of feces just to have Amitabh Bachchan's autograph than Brad Pitt's transfiguration from an old man suffering from arthritis to being the sexiest man on earth.

Therefore, I'm changing my bet for 'Best Picture' from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to Slumdog Millionaire.


B. He's lucky.


Slumdog is an additional movie to the list I've posted last month on The guru's oscar pickS:

  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • Vicky Cristina Barcelona
  • Iron Man
  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  • Wall-E
  • Wanted
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Slumdog Millionaire

Notice how diverse the genre of films I'm watching? It's even better than Tubbataha Reef's biodiversity!


C. He's a genius.


So again, here are my biased predictions on who I WANT to win later on in life:

  • Actor in a Leading Role - Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
  • Actor in a Supporting Role - Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
  • Actress in a Leading Role - Meryl Streep (Doubt)
  • Actress in a Supporting Role - Taraji Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
  • Animated Feature Film - Wall-E
  • Cinematography - Slumdog Millionaire
  • Directing - Slumdog Millionaire
  • Film Editing - Slumdog Millionaire
  • Makeup - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  • Music (Score) - Wall-E
  • Visual Effects - Iron Man
  • Writing (Adapted Screenplay) - Slumdog Millionaire
  • Best Picture - should I say my pick here, again?

For sure you've seen this picture already:


Got this one from Neil Brian's plurk. (Just click the image to enlarge it).

Well if this was the first time for you to see that pix, you've missed a quarter of an Astronimical Unit. We'll see if this leakage is worth of our precious time.



As for me, I knew it already even from the very start that the best answer is:


D. It is written.


No comments:

Post a Comment