Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Losing you is like living in a world with NO AIR

I’m so into songs with very good lyrics. Well , here's one my interneurons keep on telling my 1.3 kilogram wrinkled lump of grey matter to resonate every now and then (in other words, an LSS):

Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown’s NO AIR




ARTIST: Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown
ALBUM: Jordin Sparks
RELEASED: February 11, 2008
WRITERS: J. Fauntleroy II, Eric "Blue Tooth" Griggs, H. Mason Jr., D. Thomas, S. Russell


Jordin Sparks No Air Lyrics



If I should die / before I wake / It’s cause you took my breath away / Losing you is like living in a world / with no air

I’m here, alone / didn’t want to leave / My heart won’t move / it’s incomplete / Wish there was a way / that I can get you to understand

But how / Do you expect me / To live alone with just me / Cause my world revolves around you / Its so hard for me to breathe

Tell me how I’m supposed to breathe with no air / Can’t live can’t breathe with no air / that’s how I feel whenever you ain’t there / Its No Air No Air / Got me out here and the water so deep / Tell me how you gonna be without me / If you ain’t here I just can’t breathe / It’s No Air No Air

I walked / I ran / I jumped / I flew / Right off the ground / to float to you / There’s no gravity / to hold me down / for real

But somehow / I’m still alive inside / You took my breath / But I survived / I don’t know how / But I don’t even care

So how… (How) / Do you expect me... (Me) / To live alone with just me… (Ohh) / Cause my world revolves around you / its so hard for me to breathe



I love this song. Even though it doesn’t really tell any of my current hypothalamus status, the song portrays martyrdom in a very scientific sense…
· My HEART won’t move, it’s incomplete (think of cardiac arrest?)
· Cause my world REVOLVES around you (in 365.25 days, 366 if it is a Leap Year, just like this year!)
· There’s no GRAVITY to hold me down (well actually there is, its just it’s not that strong)
· Tell me how I’m supposed to BREATHE with no air (compressed air tank? no, not oxygen tank - we shouldn't call it such according to my diving instructor)

See what I mean? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I wonder who wrote this song… (Oh, I wrote it ^ there)


Consequently, the video is great also; thou Chris Brown look better in his video with Lil’ Mama than this one. Jordin, in a live phone interview in RX, even admitted that she likes Chris Brown. The bad thing is, the guy is taken already by someone who pleads for the music not to be stopped.

The arrangement is very good. The vocals? It’s superb! I really wanted Blake to win the Idol but now I’m fully convinced that Jordin deserves the throne. I wonder who is doing the second voice in the last part? Is it Jordin? or Chris? ‘Coz honestly, I can’t recognize their voices anymore.


To think, if you’re an anaerobic bacterium, you’ll realize soon that you can actually live in a world with NO AIR.


No comments:

Post a Comment